Misfits Entertainment House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

WHICH MAGIC VIDEO SHOULD WIN??

how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap9%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 9% [ 5 ]
how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap16%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 16% [ 9 ]
how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap2%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap23%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 23% [ 13 ]
how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap4%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap11%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 11% [ 6 ]
how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap30%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 30% [ 17 ]
how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_lcap7%how to be good(professional) magician I_vote_rcap 7% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 57

how to be good(professional) magician

Go down

how to be good(professional) magician Empty how to be good(professional) magician

Post by Admin Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 pm

i found it somewhere ..and its good advise

- It is a good idea to practice new trick in front of a mirror.

- Resist the temptation to perform too long. Better a happy half an hour than a dull two hours

- Always make a list of your favorite items and do accordingly.

- Even a close-up trick should also be planned with as much care as a stage show.

- Reactions to magic vary – some wrinkle their brows, some shake their heads, some are noncommittal. Don’t get confused.

- Choose your dialogues very carefully as lawyers do.

- If you are nervous, spectators will sense it and share your uneasiness.

- Your talk should be on conversational level, not loud, nor bombastic.

- Even the most astonishing feat loses impact on repefition.

- Never underestimate the audience, they are more intelligent than you.

- Your height and personality are not important, what you need is self-confidence.

- Perform chemical and fire tricks under adult supervision only.

- Showmanship establishes immediate contact with audience, practice it.

- Carry few pocket tricks with you when you attend social functions.

- Never neglect small items. They are offen the most the most mystifying.

- Never disclose the climax of the magic before the show.

- Never repeat the same trick before the same audience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://misfitsmephisto.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

how to be good(professional) magician Empty Re: how to be good(professional) magician

Post by Admin Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:42 pm

here some

If you’re thinking of becoming a professional magician, read on this tips that would help you have a good start.

Earning money by being a professional magician is not as easy as waving a wand or saying a magic word. There had been numerous magicians who had their entire lives just to magic to earn a lot but failed. If you’re thinking of becoming a professional magician here are some tips that could help you become a successful one.
1. Practice

Of course all the tricks that you should perform to an audience should be well practiced so that they will believe that you are actually a magician that is worth hiring. If you keep on performing and failing at a trick, that would only mean that you are not a good magician and of course people would only want to hire good magicians. If you could actually impress your audiences with a well practiced trick, chances are one of them would surely hire you to perform at another event. Therefore you will have the chance to earn more money.

2. Routine
This actually goes hand in hand with the first one. If you want to become successful in magic, you must decide on a routine that would fit your show. Pulling rabbits out of the hat for an adult party may not be a good idea so as sawing a lady in half with an electric saw may not be any good for a children’s party. Also the event itself would tell you what routine you should do. Here is an example; usually for Christmas parties a lot of magicians would do the Snowstorm in China for a finale. Of course an amazing routine would actually make your audiences possibly hire you for their own event.

3. Organizations

Joining a magician’s organization is actually a good idea to get more publicity. Joining a magician’s group doesn’t really mean that your chances of being hired will be lower because there are more of you competing for a job. These groups rather provide healthy competition among its members and of course it makes magicians grow more in terms of their talents and knowledge in magic. If you’re affiliated with a certain group surely more people will know about you because most of the time clients would find magicians for an event at a group as such. Also through recommendations from the group a starting professional magician could get more chances of being hired. If you’re planning to join groups try joining one with an IBM (International Brotherhood of Magicians) certification because it only means that the group is actually world class. Lastly being part of a group lets you share their prestige thus your rates could be higher and of course that means more earnings for you.

4. Publicity
If you are really planning on going professional, you should start making yourself known to all. How do you do that? Well of course through advertising. Advertising yourself is actually easier than you thought. I suggest that you join a social networking website wherein you could advertise your services for free. You could actually post your background as a magician, achievements and of course your rates. A good idea too is to add a blog that tells your experiences as a magician in your page so that people would know more about Also your page in that site could be used as your contact point with potential client. Just remember to post updated contact numbers and of course an e-mail address.

Hopefully these tips would help magicians like you who are thinking of going professional. Just remember that these four things and of course a lot of patience would help you on earning money with something that you really love doing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://misfitsmephisto.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down