Misfits Entertainment House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

WHICH MAGIC VIDEO SHOULD WIN??

local music scene.. I_vote_lcap9%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 9% [ 5 ]
local music scene.. I_vote_lcap16%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 16% [ 9 ]
local music scene.. I_vote_lcap2%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
local music scene.. I_vote_lcap23%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 23% [ 13 ]
local music scene.. I_vote_lcap4%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
local music scene.. I_vote_lcap11%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 11% [ 6 ]
local music scene.. I_vote_lcap30%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 30% [ 17 ]
local music scene.. I_vote_lcap7%local music scene.. I_vote_rcap 7% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 57

local music scene..

+2
nich the witch
vtecdohcter
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

local music scene.. Empty local music scene..

Post by vtecdohcter Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:11 am

ok before i go any further.. i would like to mention that this is purely my opinion and from what i noticed.

its sad to say that i encounter or heard some bias comments or remarks made towards a certain bands or individual (i wont mention any name so not to break this forum's rules).. i have people sayin sh*t about others while they dun even know that others personally... which i find it very annoyin. the way people perceived certain bands purely base on what others told em but not thru listening to their music..
and also some bands or individuals r being overrated. they r rated better than others just bcos they have lots of frens.. just like in LTR. the more people joined in ur group the better u r. that is just full of crap. and then since u r the most popular in that forum people just assume u r great in music.. haha..
certain individual just d!@khead... brag about how metal they r or how they hav been listening/jamming to metal for a long time by tellin others names of underground metal bands that i never heard of. impressive but then again now we have internets and its just click of buttons and whoalaa.. u get all the infos u need for braggin rights. lol...
i am not saying that we are like that..but a few are that they brainwash the others to think the same.

Sad

vtecdohcter
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

local music scene.. Empty Re: local music scene..

Post by nich the witch Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:51 am

here goes.. just because you listen to some ultra cult band with names like 'the satanic route to hell' from the furthest region of north pole, does not make you anymore metal than the next guy. haha.

overrated is another thing.. but one thing I notice is that.. just because this genre is the IN thing now... everyone start playing such music. like, when nu metal was famous, everyone is doing slipknot, and now metalcore is famous, everyone is doing their best killswitch engage..

correct me if I'm wrong.. but I'm just a noob!
nich the witch
nich the witch
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 am

hehehe... 'trendy' or wat i like to say... following the jones~
horace
horace
Mephisto
Mephisto

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-24

http://www.myspace.com/666victorious

Back to top Go down

Post by mindfreak172 Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:34 am

well first of all,some ppl(i have no idea why? maybe its a nature)
do not support other ppl. being sceptics or rebelious, i dont know what other words can define them. theyre just like listens to majority and starts hating em without any futher investigations.

like kalau artist brunei they say have no potential at all. i mean this is a nasty comment from the local ppl itself. but i know some bruneians have talents and potentials. to be honest i think Bruneian are creative ppl. Imo Kudil and kasom show is funnier than some other comedies i ever seen in Tv.

hmmm so i think it is a nature tht ppl are like tht, thts why fitnah works all the time. rumours and news are spread, ppl listens to it and poofs~its done. farao
mindfreak172
mindfreak172
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 611
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by vtecdohcter Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 pm

yeah.. i totally agree.
it works so well in our small community.

we have lots of potential musicians,nda kira dari BSB kah,Tutong kah,KB or even temburong.. from pop to metal..

i normally judge how well the band is from their originality & style during live performance. also they must be able to play covers as well..not just their original piece. i know a certain musician in brunei would only do original piece saying bcos his band isnt a cover band lol. a band should always starts from playing covers.. tapi i think that musician start udah main cover.

vtecdohcter
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by nich the witch Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:22 am

i'm reviving this thread!

anyways~~ what the local scene need is support and exposure. what i meant by support is like, supporting each other instead of getting on each others throat. just because some bands are famous than the other, who give a bloody fuck! lets just unite for the sake of music!

kudos to big boss for uniting people to play some good music which I happened to hear when I came to the studio last wed nite.
nich the witch
nich the witch
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:34 am

vtecdohcter wrote:yeah.. i totally agree.
it works so well in our small community.

we have lots of potential musicians,nda kira dari BSB kah,Tutong kah,KB or even temburong.. from pop to metal..

i normally judge how well the band is from their originality & style during live performance. also they must be able to play covers as well..not just their original piece. i know a certain musician in brunei would only do original piece saying bcos his band isnt a cover band lol. a band should always starts from playing covers.. tapi i think that musician start udah main cover.

ahh ,,, i miss this thread achtually...
yup agree2 ..every new band should start with cover song ..instead lagu sndiri coz smakin mencabar lagu cover drg atu ,,mkin bagus lh drg ...n creativiti n skill pun maju ..
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 701

https://misfitsmephisto.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:35 am

Nie CHa wrote:i'm reviving this thread!

anyways~~ what the local scene need is support and exposure. what i meant by support is like, supporting each other instead of getting on each others throat. just because some bands are famous than the other, who give a bloody fuck! lets just unite for the sake of music!

kudos to big boss for uniting people to play some good music which I happened to hear when I came to the studio last wed nite.

yup2 .. misfits record united .. hopely supaya berjalan dgn lancar amin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:48 am

i've been into the real world of our brunei 'music industry' ane
have been working with some talented people and wanna be with mcm attitude ,, know how their social life.
well .. pa yg ku maseh nda brubah lh balum mature bh musican tane dari segi attitude ..urg kitane ane mseh jua yg egostik ,poser , wanna be , trendy and mcm2 lh ..
some ada yg bagus ,but underated ..(slalu suka low profile)
ada yg overated jua .. padahal kn .. hmm
lau ckp psl skill and creativity urg tane bleh lawan urg luar ..tapi kn
hmm.. susah kn cakap ..
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nich the witch Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:23 am

yep.. it was just our mindset and mentality ani should be change bah. mcm, some people can't even accept any criticism. like, if you tagur them on their stuffs. u know, constructive criticism.. they would be defensive. cemana tah kan membangun tue?! orang, take every negativity as positive bah.. baru tah maju! thats how the real world look.

take Trivium(I love trivium, so shut up u naysayers. LOL). mcm, they take every negativity as a platform for them. every hate, would generate more response.. people would start listening to them...

that's what locals need to do. ani baru kana cakap music durang lacking something. like their solo is rather disjointed. tarus melenting. sheeeesh. stubborn people! haha
nich the witch
nich the witch
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by fiez Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:51 pm

what i think our people need is media approach to expose their stuff. The only reason people keeping their stuff underground just because its unsuitable for the public ears or probably too loud....i say fuck that!If its too loud you're probably too old. I also noticed that stereotyping is inevitable since Bruneian folks are set with thoughts out of their first impression. Underground pieces are to be exposed sooner or later...We just need a platform where we can contribute our music so play it safe,play it great and play it loud.
fiez
fiez
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-09-11

https://www.youtube.com/nithaelghost

Back to top Go down

what i think our people need is media approach to expose their stuff. The only reason people keeping their stuff underground just because its unsuitable for the public ears or probably too loud....i say fuck that!If its too loud you're probably too old. I also noticed that stereotyping is inevitable since Bruneian folks are set with thoughts out of their first impression. Underground pieces are to be exposed sooner or later...We just need a platform where we can contribute our music so play it safe,play it great and play it loud.
fiez
fiez
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

fiez
fiez
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by fiez Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:52 pm

fiez
fiez
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by nich the witch Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:26 pm

yes!! stereotyping! I know this bitch who call me 'the girl who listen to satanic song'. outrageous! mcm.. durg dgr lagu loud and growl.. immediately di utak durg we worship satan or something.. bila bah aku dgr lagu yang satanic ani.. haha
nich the witch
nich the witch
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by vtecdohcter Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:41 pm

hmm.. i second every opinion here..
to be honest..only niecha know who i am... Smile the reason im keeping it this way so i could hear what others really think.. without being bias or rather "being nice". i started into the local music only since 2001.. but honestly our standard is still low due to most of us is not expose to the music scene out of brunei. i went to Misfit ..(thanks to Niecha aka "me likey" lol)... its good to see all the youngsters pickin up music. but they need proper guidance and the right info... internet isnt really the right place for some cases.. im not saying i know everything..but i know i've been involve in music outside of brunei during most of my teen age...
i didnt want to make any comments to those yang ada di misfit at the time coz i know us bruneian still have this mindset of .."ehh kau tah plg kan mengajar"attitude... so i let it be. but if people comes to me and approach for advice ..then i would happily tell if i cant answer then i would just so and not bullshitting them. i know some people boast about music and been hearing WHITE NOISEs too... lol (tapi udah di luar negeri krg, mcm music newbies tia..WTF!)
but then again.. between giving advice in music and car engine modifications.. i would rather go for car engine modifications lol...

vtecdohcter
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by nich the witch Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:48 am

aww... thanks for the credit. me likey. really. LOL

There are 2 sides of the internet and how it help the music industry. the local scene. Its good as it help in educating us about music and as a platform. but once one became an ignorant fool and feed everything off the net(technically copying and pasting off wiki), that sucks. you know, jadi si banar. bigheaded and refuse to listen to others just cause he knows more. see, even in Islam it is highly discourage for one to learn off book without guidance from those who knows. errr.. merepek alert! LOL

Last year, for my final year project I did a website which help local musicians. basically it act as platform. and punyalah payah untuk mencari yg mau help. I only got one response. which was Muddy a.k.a mr admin - thanks buddy! and there I was willing to help them. sheeeeeesh..
nich the witch
nich the witch
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by vtecdohcter Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:54 am

Nie CHa wrote:Last year, for my final year project I did a website which help local musicians. basically it act as platform. and punyalah payah untuk mencari yg mau help. I only got one response. which was Muddy a.k.a mr admin - thanks buddy! and there I was willing to help them. sheeeeeesh..

well u didnt ask me then... lol

got u another helloween shirt.. a better lookin one hheheh..

vtecdohcter
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by nich the witch Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:38 am

vtecdohcter wrote:

I am so hugging you now! XD LOL
nich the witch
nich the witch
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by vtecdohcter Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:20 am

Nie CHa wrote:
vtecdohcter wrote:

I am so hugging you now! XD LOL

hug??!! ur paying it this time!! hahhaah... nada waaah! haha...JK!

vtecdohcter
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:35 am

Nie CHa wrote:aww...

Last year, for my final year project I did a website which help local musicians. basically it act as platform. and punyalah payah untuk mencari yg mau help. I only got one response. which was Muddy a.k.a mr admin - thanks buddy! and there I was willing to help them. sheeeeeesh..

haha ,... nda jua menjadi aku kn menolong atu ..ish ,.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vtecdohcter Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:14 am

Admin wrote:

mr admin...actually ia atu nyindir cara halus wahh tuu hahaa... me likey! XD

vtecdohcter
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 am

vtecdohcter wrote:
Admin wrote:

hahahha .. apalah dosaku kna buat mcm atu

Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nich the witch Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:05 pm

vtecdohcter wrote:

YOU! sejak bila jd batu api ni?.. and u stole my 'new fave thing'.. XD
nich the witch
nich the witch
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Back to top Go down

Post by mindfreak172 Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:07 pm

=p

Last edited by mindfreak172 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:40 am; edited 2 times in total
mindfreak172
mindfreak172
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 611
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next