Misfits Entertainment House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

WHICH MAGIC VIDEO SHOULD WIN??

Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap9%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 9% [ 5 ]
Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap16%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 16% [ 9 ]
Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap2%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap23%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 23% [ 13 ]
Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap4%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap11%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 11% [ 6 ]
Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap30%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 30% [ 17 ]
Lyrical problems I_vote_lcap7%Lyrical problems I_vote_rcap 7% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 57

Lyrical problems

3 posters

Go down

Lyrical problems Empty Lyrical problems

Post by fiez Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 am

i never start any posts here haha but hey,this thread has been silent for quite awhile....

about the lyrical problems in brunei,there as been underground death metal/black metal bands emerging to the public and becomig more well knowned. the issue here is that how people of brunei react and accept these type of music?

i know most metalheads are protestors and rebellions but we live in a civilized society and with a country well knowned of its morality and strong islamic beliefs. to metalheads,the pentagram symbol is something that is common but sometimes metalheads do not fully understand what they are portraying here,they just follow what's cool and whats the in thing right now,but the public sees the pentagram not as just a mere star,its a symbol of satanism filled with negative influences. lyrically,when people read black metal or death metal,its referring to darkness and bloody environmnt to picture subliminal issues such as corruption,war,chaos,when is it gonna end and all those stuff instead of all the negative stories of black metal rituals/suicide and whatnot,they mean something much more that stupid suicide,we're not talking about emo lyrics here,however the public instantly accept it to be related to satanism and whatnot. they forget the aspect of poetry and creative self expressions by means of music.

just a thought to share.....
fiez
fiez
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-09-11

https://www.youtube.com/nithaelghost

Back to top Go down

Lyrical problems Empty Re: Lyrical problems

Post by Mann Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:42 am

Interesting topic, fiez.

In my opinion, this all comes down to those who follow the music you mentioned about. There are people who simply love the music but not the 'darkness' side of it, there are those who like the music because of the satanism and such, there are who listen to the music but do not realise the meaning behind it. Lots of combination we can put there.

In my honest opinion, the public must not take it as an association with bad stuffs. They need to think critically about why people listen to such music, they must not blame the listeners just-like-that. I'm saying from a point of view of a guy who has friends who like such music but not the mindset the music might want to offer (if there's any).
Mann
Mann
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.kingofall4suits.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiez Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:28 am

metal is all about subliminalities if thats the actual message theycase,its quite hard to figure out the are trying to give out,its just like poetry,it could be expressed in many different views in accordance to one's perspective...

metal video clips on the portray violence,sexual contents as well as religious animations and such,so it can be regarded as a dangerous form of music and as something to be protected against

take a more commercial music for a thought,say hiphop,some contents may be in a hypnotic nature that brings about materialism in our culture,the video clips portray sexual contents,if thats the case,hip hop is too a dangerous music for the community.

however its the presentation of music to the ears differ to the taste of music freaks around the globe.traditional metal might eventually become more melodic and thus the lyrics become less significant to the listeners. Hiphop,R'n'B or any other type of music,country,jazz,ballad all presented clearly with words and may have swear words,imagine screaming f*ck and literally singing it,screaming will be least noticed.
fiez
fiez
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-09-11

https://www.youtube.com/nithaelghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dome1106 Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:25 am

sorry to cut in :p

My opinion is that no matter what genre is the song, its really whats in your mind isn't it? Just that the thoughts are brought out and presented through songs and of course through the lyrics. Maybe alot of metalheads out there (foreign country) sing about Satanism, Lucifer etc is because they believe in (or have thoughts) about it. So we don't really need to follow suit in order to be a band. We can sing about what we think of and what we believe in.
Dome1106
Dome1106
Wizard From Hell
Wizard From Hell

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-12

http://www.magichat.co.uk/?r=hanskelvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down